Date and Time
In this online workshop, I'm going to show what is the best way to store JSON data and how you can query it efficiently when using Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and MySQL.
Therefore, we are going to cover the following topics:
- When to use JSON with a Relational Database System
- Oracle JSON column types (VARCHAR vs. LOB), JSON_EXISTS, JSON_VALUE, JSON_QUERY, JSON_MERGEPATCH, JSON_TABLE, and Oracle JSON data indexing
- SQL Server JSON NVARCHAR column, JSON_EXISTS, JSON_VALUE, JSON_QUERY, JSON_MODIFY, OPENJSON, and SQL Server JSON data indexing
- PostgreSQL JSON and JSONB types, JSON path expressions, JSON operators, JSON functions , and PostgreSQL JSON data indexing
- MySQL JSON type, JSON path expressions, JSON operators, JSON functions, and MySQL JSON data indexing
This online workshop is for any developer that happens to develop software that interacts with a relational database system.
After attending this workshop, you'll know all sorts of tips that you can readily apply to your current enterprise project.
It is recommended to bring your own notebook so that you can configure and run tests associated with the material we are going to go through in this training.
The online workshop is going to be run as a Zoom Meeting.
You can buy the tickets directly from the website using a credit card or I can provide you an invoice which you can pay via bank transfer. In case you want an invoice, then you can contact me at [email protected].
Vlad Mihalcea is a Java Champion and one of the top Hibernate ORM project committers. He created the Hypersistence Optimizer tool which scans your application configuration and mappings and tells you what changes you need to do to speed up your data access layer.
He's been answering thousands of questions about Hibernate and JPA on StackOverflow for which he's got gold badges for Hibernate, Java, and JPA tags.
Whenever he finds something interesting, he likes to share it on his personal blog. He believes in Open Source Software, and he thinks every developer should get involved, one way or the other.
Frequently Asked Questions
"Spot on! Vlad covered all of those little details which you have to know in order to fully exploit JPA and Hibernate capabilities. Great presentation as well!"
- Manos Tzagkarakis, Software Developer - Talent S.A.